What is a QR Code and Why Does it Matter to Me?
It's INTERACTIVE! A QR Code allows you to learn more about a product or service, read about a promotion or redeem a special offer from the convenience of your smartphone.
By eliminating the need to find, type or write down a website, QR Codes are an easy, instant way to access information when you are on the go.
What is a QR Code?
"QR" stands for “Quick Response" because you can quickly respond to an advertisement that interests you via internet access on your smartphone.
- Most commonly found on printed marketing materials
- Convenient way to provide more information about a topic of interest
- Two-dimensional code used for a variety of purposes throughout the world
What do QR Codes look like?
A QR Code is a square-shaped, black bar code on a white background. Within the code are three squares located in the top left, top right and bottom left.
How do QR Codes work?
Use the camera on your smartphone and dedicated mobile application to scan and read the code. Once scanned, the barcode directs you to a website (via internet access) for additional information.
What do you need to know about QR Codes?
- To use a QR Code, you need a dedicated reader and scanner application on your smartphone.
Here are a few resources for applications or search your APP store for other QR Readers.
- Your smartphone must have access to the internet.
- QR Codes are unique, they may look the same... but they are different!
Where do you find QR Codes?
Increasing in popularity, QR Codes can be found on a variety of printed materials including business cards, magazine advertisements, postcards, in-store flyers, posters and more.